Terms and Conditions
- Unless otherwise stated our quoted price is per one thousand envelopes.
- The price quoted excludes VAT (unless otherwise stated) VAT and other taxes and duties on the goods will be those applying at the time of delivery.
- Our quotations lapse after 30 days (unless otherwise stated).
- At any time before delivery we may adjust the price to reflect any increase in our costs of supplying the goods no matter what the cause.
- All goods will be invoiced at the price ruling at date of dispatch unless a fixed price has been agreed in writing.
- All prices are subject to availability at time of placing order.
- Next day delivery service is available throughout the U.K. mainland. Unprinted envelope orders received by 2.00pm will be dispatched for next day delivery subject to availability and courier service. All orders over £150.00 are supplied carriage paid.
- UK Mainland - Orders under £150.00 are subject to a £12.00 carriage charge.
- Offshore Isles (Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland & Scottish Isles) - Orders under £150.00 are subject to a £20.00 carriage charge. All delivery times quoted are estimates only.
- If a paid delivery does not arrive you must inform us immediately, it is not acceptable to wait until the invoice is due for payment.
- If we fail to deliver within a reasonable time, you may (by informing us in writing) cancel the contract.
- You may not cancel if we receive your notice after the goods have been dispatched and if you cancel the contract, you can have no further claim against us under that contract.
- If you accept delivery of the goods after the estimated delivery time, it will be on the basis that you have no claim against us for delay (including indirect or consequential loss, or increase in the price of the goods).
- You agree to pay at the contract rate for the actual quantity delivered.
- You shall inspect the goods immediately upon delivery and shall within five days from such inspection give notice in writing to the company of any damage, shortage or incorrect goods delivered. If you fail to give such notice the goods will be deemed to be correct and you will be bound to accept and pay for the goods accordingly.
Delivery and Call Offs
We may decline to deliver if;
- We believe that it would be unsafe, unlawful or unreasonably difficult to do so, or
- The premises (or access to them) are unsuitable for our vehicle or
- You fail to pay us any money when due
- You become insolvent
- You fail to honour your obligations under these terms.
- If you unreasonably refuse delivery we may charge you for the cost of the delivery and treat your refusal as cancelling the contract. If delivery does not take place, either on the contact date or not at all, because you are at fault or for reasons beyond our control, we may store and insure the goods at your expense. We may deliver the goods as soon as possible, but we have the right to sell them after a period of 14 day’s storage. We may, in any event recover our storage and insurance costs, either directly from you or from any proceeds of sale.
- If you require storage or call off facilities or both, the goods will be invoiced to you when delivered or collected and our normal payments will apply.
- If we store the goods we may make a monthly storage charge beginning two calendar months after the date of our original invoice and calculated at 1% of the invoice price of the goods for each month that the goods are not delivered or collected.
- Payments by credit card can be made by telephone or over the website for next day delivery. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Electron, Solo and debit cards. Payments can also be made by cheque or bank transfer.
- If you have an approved credit account, subject to status, payment is due no later than 30 days from end of month in which the goods were invoiced, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
If you fail to pay us in full on the due date
- We may suspend or cancel future deliveries
- We may add a charge of £25 each time a cheque is returned or represented
You must pay interest (if applied to the account) at the rate equivalent to that set for the purposes of s6 of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- A) Calculated (on a daily basis) from the date of our invoice until payment.
- B) Compounded on the first day of each calendar month; and
- C) before and after any Judgement (unless the court orders otherwise).
- If you have a credit account, we may withdraw it or reduce your credit limit or bring forward your due date for payment. We may do any of those at any time without notice.
- We have the right to allocate any payments you make against sums you owe us in any way that we choose.
Insolvency of Buyer
While you owe money to us or if you become insolvent we have a right
- To keep any property we may hold of yours until you have paid us in full (a lien)
- Of stoppage in transport, and
- Of resale
- At the end of 14 days from the day we tell you that we are exercising a lien, we have the right to dispose of the property as if beneficially entitled to it and to apply any proceeds of sale to any money you may owe us.
- You are to indemnify us in full and hold us harmless from all expenses and liabilities we may incur (directly or indirectly and including finance costs and legal costs on a full indemnity basis) following any breach of your obligations under these terms.
Queries on Invoices
- Any queries on invoices or proof of delivery requests must be made in writing within 5 days of receipt of invoice, it is not acceptable to have a query or request a proof of delivery when payment becomes due.
Retention of Title
- Legal title to all goods that we have supplied to the buyer shall remain with the company and shall not pass to the buyer until all monies owed by the buyer are paid in full.
- You must store the goods properly so that they are clearly identifiable as our property.
- You must insure them (against the risks for which a prudent owner would insure them) and hold the policy on trust for us.
- You may use these goods and sell them in the ordinary course of your business, but not if:
- We revoke that right (by informing you in writing); or
- You become insolvent
- You must inform us (in writing) immediately if you become insolvent.
- If your right to use and sell the goods ends you must allow us to remove the goods.
- We have your permission to enter any premises where the goods may be stored:
- At any time to inspect them; and
- After your right to use and sell them has ended, to remove them.
- Despite our retention of title to the goods, we have the right to take legal proceedings to
- recover the price of goods supplied should you not pay us by the due date.
- The goods are at your risk from the time of delivery
Delivery takes place either:
- At our premises (if you are collecting them or arranging carriage); or
- At your premises (if we are arranging carriage)
- You must inspect the goods on delivery. If any goods are damaged (or not delivered) you must inform us in writing within five working days of delivery.
- You must give us (and any carrier) a fair chance to inspect the damaged goods.
- You must also supply us with samples of any damage or in the event of the goods being incorrect (flap size, window size lack of glue etc).
We warrant that the goods:
- Comply with their description on our acknowledgement of order form; and
- Are free from material defect at the time (as long as you inspect the goods at time of delivery).
If you believe that we have delivered goods which are defective in materials or workmanship, you must:
- Inform us (in writing), with full details as soon as possible; and
- Allow us to investigate (we may need access to your premises and product samples)
- If the goods are found to be defective in material or workmanship (following our investigation and you have complied with conditions above in full) we will (at our option) replace the goods or refund the price.
- We are not liable for any other loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss, financial loss, loss of profits or loss of use) arising from the contract of the supply of goods or their use. Our liability is limited in damages to the price of the goods.
- You must ensure that the goods ordered are fit for the purpose for which you intend to use them: We accept no return of printed stock. It is your responsibility to check the quality of stock before printing.
- You warrant that the specification or designs or materials will not result in the infringement of any rights belonging to a third party and that you will indemnify us in respect of all loss, damage, costs or expenses (directly or indirectly and including finance costs and legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which we may incur in connection with any such claim or threatened claim by a third party.
- By supplying goods to you we do not waive any intellectual property rights (including any design rights) that we may have in respect of them.
- We reserve the right to make without notice any minor modifications in our specifications, designs or materials as we deem necessary or desirable.
- We reserve the right to make any changes in specifications, designs or materials of our goods that are necessary to ensure they conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements.
- All prices are based on print ready files being supplied. Additional charges will be incurred for any extra origination or setting.
- All prices include plates and are subject to “sight of copy”.
- We retain the right to refuse to print images which we deem to be unsuitable or controversial.
- Envelope overprinting is accepted subject to a maximum wastage tolerance of 10%. Whilst this is normally minimal if an exact quantity is required we recommend the order is increased accordingly.
- Dimensions of envelopes, flaps, windows and window positions are nominal and can vary by plus or minus 2mm which may lead to slight variations in register and position of overprinting.
- Delivery dates will be given when requested and whilst every effort is made to fulfil this requirement we cannot accept responsibility for late or non-delivery.
- In the first instance communicate with our customer service team on 01224 828585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your returns.
- In the unlikely event of receiving a faulty, damaged or incorrectly supplied product you must notify us within 14 days of receipt and we will immediately send a replacement or issue a full credit or refund and arrange to collect the goods.
- If you ordered an incorrect product or wish to return a product for any other reason you must first make arrangements with our customer service department. The goods must be undamaged and in resalable conditions. You are required to arrange return carriage at your expense. On receipt of the returned goods at our warehouse you will be credited the value of the goods less 15% handling charge. Printed or bespoke products are non-returnable.
- If you change your mind about your purchase, please return the unused goods to us with the original till receipt within 14 days, and we will offer you an exchange or a credit note. This does not affect your legal rights, including your right to claim a refund, replacement, repair and/or compensation where the goods are faulty or misdescribed.
Waiver and Variations
Any waiver or variation of these terms is binding in honour only unless:
- Made (or recorded) in writing
- Signed on behalf of each party; and
- Expressly stating an intention to vary these terms.
- All orders that you place with us will be on these terms (or any that we may issue to replace them). By placing an order with us, you are expressly waiving any printed terms you may have to the extent that they are inconsistent with our terms.
- If we are unable to perform our obligations to you (or able to perform them only at an unreasonable cost) because of circumstances beyond our control, we may then cancel or suspend any of our obligations to you without liability.
- Examples of those circumstance include, act of God, accident, war, strikes, governmental regulations or orders, national emergencies, lockouts, fire, flood, drought, tempest, explosion, transport delays and difficulty in obtaining supplies.
- English and Scottish law is applicable to any contract made under these terms. The courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you are more than one person (partner, shareholder or director) each of you has joint and several obligations under these terms.
- If any of these terms are unenforceable as drafted
- It will not affect the enforceability of any of these terms; and
- If it would be enforceable if amended, it will be treated as so amended.
We may treat you as insolvent if:
- You are unable to pay your debts as they fall due; or
You (or any item of your property) become the subject of:
- Any formal insolvency procedure (examples of which include receivership, liquidation, administration, voluntary arrangement (including a moratorium) or bankruptcy);
- Any application or proposal for any formal insolvency procedure; or Any application, procedure or proposal overseas with similar effect or purpose.
- All brochures, catalogues and other promotional materials are to be treated as illustrative only. Their contents form no part of any contract between us and you should not rely on them in entering into any contract with us. Any notice by either of us which is to be served under these terms may be served by leaving it at or by delivering it to (by first class post or by fax) the other’s registered office or principal place of business. All such notices must be signed.
- No contract will create any right enforceable (by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) by any person not identified as the buyer or seller.
- The only statements upon which you may rely in making the contract with us, are those made in writing by someone who is our authorised representative and either:
- Contained in our estimate (or any covering letter) and not withdrawn before the contract is made; or Which expressly state that you may rely on them when entering into the contract.
Nothing in these terms affects or limits our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.